Monday, August 17, 2009

An Introduction

Hello.

Introductions make me feel silly.

This is a blog by me, Kai, asexual, seventeen-years-old, genderqueer, wherein I'd like to explore what it's like being an asexual teenager in America. I love reading the blogs of other aces, and it struck me that all, or nearly all, were written by people in their twenties or older. There was nobody that I could see writing from my perspective. So I decided to take things into my own hands.

I'm going to be a Junior in high school this September, and there are a number of things that may find their way onto this blog over the next school year:
~Coming out to friends and family
~Dealing with Prom
~Joining the fledgling GSA
~Sex education class
~My younger sister's boy obsession

I'm not exactly a "normal" teenager, in many senses of the word, so there'll probably be less gossip and more geekiness. Still, hopefully someone will find this interesting, and if not, it's a good chronicle for myself.

(I'm working on a more creative title.)

(Follow my blog with bloglovin)

3 comments:

  1. And very American, since we are fortunately free of this stupid thing of proms. If I lived in America, I would plainly not attended the prom. The whole thing of proms, as the whole thing of weddings, has several points such that each one is a sufficient reason for not attending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I wish that we were free of prom! At my school, we don't even have a very impressive prom. But my friends probably won't have dates, so we might go all together as friends. But unfortunately most of Junior year is spent raising money for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We raise this money for a week trip to another European country, as a group.

    ReplyDelete